May 24-25, 2018 | Toronto
Perfect for new staff and board members (or those looking to enhance or refresh their knowledge), this two-day course provides a practical overview and introduction to Ontario’s community housing sector.
Help fast-track the learning curve and walk away with an understanding of:
- social housing history, from how the sector started to how it’s evolved
- the different types of community housing providers and how they fit into the broader affordable housing context
- the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) and its implications on everyday operations
- the Human Rights Code, including how it intersects with the RTA and its implications for dealing with challenging tenancies
- maintenance planning and other key facets of community housing operations
- the basics of good governance, financial processes and risk management for community housing providers
Facilitated by a team of sector and subject matter experts, the course uses a mix of lecture, case studies, group discussion and exercises to keep learners engaged.
Participants will walk away with a certificate of completion and a package of templates, checklists and other resources that they can put to use in their everyday work.
Christine Brutin Consulting Services
Manager, Finance and Administration
Victoria Park Community Homes
Horlick Levitt Di Lella, LLP