September 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018
Save time and money, and avoid costly mistakes. Learn everything you need to know about a non-profit housing landlord’s rights and obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA).
Designed specifically for non-profit housing providers, this course will teach you:
- the different rights and responsibilities of landlords versus tenants under the RTA
- which rules non-profit housing providers are exempt from
- the essential elements of a good lease
- what kind of documentation to keep in your tenant files
- how to resolve tenant issues and disputes without moving to eviction
- how to complete and serve notices of termination
- how to file an application with the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) and prepare for your hearing
- what to expect at an LTB hearing
- what to do when a tenant files an LTB application against you
- how to enforce a Board Order
Learners will have access to the web-based course and moderator for a period of three months.
What past course participants have said:
“The course was enjoyable and valuable. Being new to property management, I’ll be able to apply everything I learned to my job and daily responsibilities.”