April 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019
The course content will be available starting April 1. You will have access to the content and moderator until June 30, 2019
Save time and money, and avoid costly mistakes. Learn everything you need to know about a non-profit housing landlord’s rights and obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (RTA).
Designed specifically for non-profit housing providers, this course will teach you:
- the different rights and responsibilities of landlords versus tenants under the RTA
- which rules non-profit housing providers are exempt from
- the essential elements of a good lease
- what kind of documentation to keep in your tenant files
- how to resolve tenant issues and disputes without moving to eviction
- how to complete and serve notices of termination
- how to file an application with the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) and prepare for your hearing
- what to expect at an LTB hearing
- what to do when a tenant files an LTB application against you
- how to enforce a Board Order
Learners will have access to the web-based course and moderator for a period of three months.
What past course participants have said:
“The course was enjoyable and valuable. Being new to property management, I’ll be able to apply everything I learned to my job and daily responsibilities.”
How to register
Download the registration form, or click on the registration options below to register online.
Accessing the course
Please note: you must be logged in to access or register for the course.