This online course is offered in partnership with the Toronto Mental Health & Addictions Supportive Housing Network (TMHASHN) with the aim to help supportive housing workers develop a common understanding and knowledge-base of current and proven practices.
Who should take this course?
This course is recommended for supportive housing workers and housing staff at every level who support tenants living with mental health and addiction challenges.
About this course
You will learn how to improve tenant experience and outcomes through a common baseline knowledge in:
- Communicating effectively with tenants
- Mental health and addictions
- Navigating the social support system
- Continuous self-improvement and learning
- Self-care for supportive housing
- Promoting a culture of teamwork, collaboration and community
Learn through a variety of styles, including:
- written exercises
- journal reflections
Learners will have access to the web-based course and moderator for a period of three months.
What past course participants have said:
“I learned a lot of valuable knowledge.”
“There was a nice mixture of readings, videos and exercises.”
“Very informative, and I appreciated the workbook and exercises.”