Main Candidate Page | Ala'a Shadid | Alain Cadieux | Eric Cohen | Jennifer Carriere | John Alexander Gribben | Lori Trumper | Suzanne Le
John Alexander Gribben, Director/Treasurer:
Central King Seniors Residence, Weston, Toronto
I have experiences that have covered the following:
City of York Public School Board Trustee, Vice Chair, Chair of Business Committee, representative on Metro Toronto School Board and Association of Large School Boards of Ontario;
- Province appointee to the board of Governors of Humber College, served as Vice-chair- Audit committee and Chair of the board, in my last year;
- Member of the Province Management Board Secretariat involving strategic procurement to bring a number of ministries under a shared services model for the awarding of contracts and all purchasing;
- Field Liaison Officer for Elections Ontario coordinating projects and elections for eleven provincial ridings in Toronto, supporting returning officers and training appointees.
I have been on the board of Central King Seniors Residence for 14 years. This residence has 119 independent living apartments. 75% of the units are RGI. I have assumed the role of Treasurer, member of the Executive Committee and served in other committees as has been required. I have recently been involved in the revision of the Corporation’s by-laws to meet Metro, Provincial and Anglican Church requirements.
In my 14 years involvement with the seniors’ not-for-profit, I have witnessed a change in the needs of tenants which is no longer in line with the initial intent to provide independent living accommodations to seniors.
The recent pandemic has only served to further highlight the situation in long term senior’s care. External services are too expensive or too difficult to access due to bureaucracy.
I believe that the Provincial government needs to realize that RGI solves only some of the problem. Majority of our people do not wish to go into Long Term Care facilities, they are encourage to stay in their homes and with some assistance from the government, their daily living can be improved
I believe that ONPHA can and should help address this issue.
Being an ONPHA board member, would allow me the opportunity to ease the strain on our seniors and those of us trying to fill the gap.
Skill-sets and Experience:
- Business planning acumen
- Change management and modernization
- Cross-sectoral leadership
- Financial acuity
- Government relations and advocacy
- Policy development and legal acumen
- Supportive Housing Provider