About our Membership Fee Structure
On July 1, 2019, ONPHA began rolling out our new membership fee structure for housing members, as voted in at the 2018 Annual General Meeting. For current members, it will be transitioned in over a 4-year period to help you plan ahead. The first incremental changes to your fees appeared in the July 1, 2019, renewal packages. New members in 2020 will start immediately under the new fee model and new rates.
The new model is different in two important ways:
- It is based on unit bands.
- It offers a choice between two different membership levels: Core or Upgraded. Those choosing core membership will have access to core benefits and discounts, with some restrictions. Upgraded members* will receive additional benefits and greater access to customized resources, deeper discounts and more.
*Members operating 500 or more units will automatically receive an upgraded membership.
Benefits of the new fee structure:
- Standardized fees that are more transparent and fair than the existing model
- Choice of the products and services you want and need
- Fee decrease for core membership for close to 80% of members. (Some members will see minimal increases, which will be introduced incrementally.)
- Expanded service offerings from ONPHA.